End of Summer!
I meant to write more here but life and other things got in the way.
Here's what I got up to this week:
- Running once, MTBing twice, turboing twice, walking almost every day. Have got into the habit of doing some form of excercise every day and it is great. It means that I am doing something physical every lunchtime - either walking, on the Turbo Trainer, or occasionally, out running. Of course this is good for my fitness, but also mental wellbeing as well.
- Emma started Primary school, but instead of jumping straight in the school decided to do a few hours here then wait a few days before getting them to start 100%. Perhaps great for the children that had not done any nursary / pre-school, but definitely not for the rest and espcially awful for the parents that need to work. Oh well, such is life!
- Friday afternoon is now my time to spend with the kids after my parents having looked after the kids Friday afternoons since Arthur was in nursery. I start early at 7 so I can finish early at 3 then pick them up. A long morning followed by a short afternoon. Getting used to it.
- Signed up for "Converge LDN" a Design Systems conference in London next Wednesday.
- Started reading "Design Engineering Handbook" which really resonates with me.
- Arthur had Beaver Camp™ on Sat/Sun so we took Emma on a train trip to the big smoke (Reading) and it was great to just be the three of us for once. We had a picnic, went on a train, bought her clothes. She had an amazing time. Arthur also had an great time at Beaver Camp and was shattered by Sunday afternoon.
- Watched the final stages of the Vuelta and Grand Prix Cycliste de Montréal. Almost at the end of a super long season. Just the Worlds in Australia next week and then the riders get a deserved rest.